Professionals Number

01387 25 25 25
Phone arrows left

Professionals Number

Public Number

Phone arrows right

Public Number

01387 266 888

Professionals Number

01387 25 25 25

Public Number

01387 266 888

UK Benefit Guide

Home | UK Benefit Guide | Industrial Injuries Benefit (Accident)

Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit is for people who are disabled as a result of an accident at work. You may also be able to get Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit if you are disabled by a disease or deafness caused by a job you have done.

You may claim it if you are disabled because of an accident at work.

You cannot get Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit if you were self-employed when the accident happened.

The amount you can get depends on how serious your disability is.

The accident must have happened as a result of your work and it must usually have happened in G.B.

You may need you to have a medical examination. The doctor will give advice about:

how serious your disability is;

how long they expect your disability to last.

If you get Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit, need daily care and attention and your disablement is assessed as 100 per cent, you may get Constant Attendance Allowance (CAA). This is paid at four rates.

If you get Exceptional or Intermediate rate CAA and you need permanent constant care and attention, you may also get Exceptionally Severe Disablement Allowance.

You are entitled to:

(Only use the amounts shown as a guide)

Weekly amounts:

Disablement Allowance

Disablement aged over 18.

100% = £166

90%  = £149.40

80% = £132.80

70% = £116.20

60% = £99.60

50% = £83

40%  = £66.40

30%  = £49.80

20% = £33.20

Pensions for pneumoconiosis, byssinosis and mesothelioma assessment:

1% to 10% = £22.20

11% to 19% = £33.20

Industrial Death Benefit

(This may be paid to the wife or husband of someone who died before 11 April 1988 due to an industrial disease. )

Constant Attendance Allowance

Exceptional rate = £132.80

Intermediate rate = £99.60

Normal maximum rate = £66.40

Part-time rate = £33.20

If you are claiming Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit because of an accident, claim after you have been disabled because of the accident for two months. Contact your social security office for a claim form.

This site uses cookies.
ConfigureHide Options
Read our privacy policy

This site uses cookies for marketing, personalisation, and analysis purposes. You can opt out of this at any time or view our full privacy policy for more information.